Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day in Korea

The plane ride was amazing. We had our own little screens with endless choices of films and games and a little care package of socks, a toothbrush and lavendar-scented eyemasks . I watched four movies and wrote in my journal. So I was almost sorry when the ride ended, but happy to smell the dense humid air mixed with smoke. It brought back memories.

Today we wandered around downtown Seoul and went to the Korean History museum. I bought these crazy honey snacks at a street stand and these cute men sang me a song about a snake as they made them. They took a ball of honey and would it into silky strings like magic and then wrapped ground almonds into them to make little balls. It was the highlight of my day. Some pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: