Monday, September 1, 2008

First Day of School

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our hostel is shown in the last photo.

So, ok. I thought I lost my ipod on the second day in Korea. I was too embarassed to say anything, but I was really upset. We were cleaning up our room to go to the airport and I couldn't find it. I thought maybe the housekeeper had snatched it, and I eventually gave up in defeat. I'm only saying this now 'cause I just found it...wrapped under 5 layers of clothes in an unlikely spot in my bag. I hid it so well, I even hid it from myself! Nothing lost yet, day 5.

We're off to the Gobi dessert on Friday! I'm so excited to meet the camels. The abbot who will guide us is vegetarian too, so they're making special meals for us. Borshe is my new favorite soup, made with beets.

I went to the natural history museum and saw a tarbosaur, the cousin of the T-Rex. The real thing too, not even a plaster cast. The earlier tarosaurs had big arms, but this one had really small ones. Evolution. They weren't using their arms. These are the kinds of things we'll be studying, along with geology and climate change. It's been a bit dry so far, but hopefully seeing the Gobi desert fossils will inspire me more than the four-hour lectures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan said...

You are so funny, Ninny bee.
Lovely to see your pictures!
Josie had her visit to her new class today and she starts for real next Monday. She was so excited to see the classroom with so many fun Montessori things to do. I think she will have a great year.
And this is your sister, not Dan, but too lazy to change the ID.