Friday, June 5, 2009

Beadledom and Beadledee

Hello hello. I haven't written on here for quite some time. I suppose I had a slight case of post-graduate floppies, where I didn't want to do anything that even resembled whatever I was doing before. I didn't write, I only read magazines on toilet and all I wanted to do was stay home and make things and skip around in the sunshine. Things I've been brewing lately:

Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale (47 bottles, woo-hoo!)

Green tea kambucha

Handmade candles (all set to start tomorrow)

Bran muffins, 13-bean chili, tabouleh, hummus, tahini ginger goddess dressing, creamy halibut, all mmm-mmm good. I have a million more recipes stocked up. The kitchen and me, we are like peas and carrots again.

Rope sandals (can't...quite...get them right....yet)

And painstaking hours of edits on my stories. I'm going to post a googledocs link to the latest if you're interested: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhnstgmk_63hnpx8. It's called, "When I Met Vivian" and it's about a girl I befriended in Mongolia.

I stopped posting on my other blog, Lindsey Scribbles, because I was afraid someone could easily steal my work if it actually got to be any good. I could use the feedback, but how can I try to sell a story if it's just available for free without copyright? I know a lot of less paranoid writers do blog and get fantastic deedback that way. Am I being silly?

So anyways, here's what I'm up to in the near future and beyond:

June 7-11 Kickin' it in PDX

June 12-14 Oly Garage Sale Party Time

June 20 Becka's graduation

June 21-30 Yellowstone with the fam

July 17-20 Emerg N See http://2009.emrgnsee.com/

August 16 Randy and Lela get mawwwried

August 31 Burning Man starts

After that...moving to Portland!

1 comment:

Syd said...

I don't think you're being silly. There are people that could steal your stuff and use it as their own. BUT. It is a good source of feedback, but can't you get feedback on here, from your googledocs?