Sam or Mildred, Dick or Max,
Fear not, you can make a candle.
All you need is wick and wax!
-The Wise Little Candlemaker

My first candle batch! Naomi came over today and helped me out. It wasn't too hard, but they're not professional quality and they take a lot of time and patience. I have to wait until tomorrow to see how my lone-standing candle turned out, it's still in the mold. There are so many cool things you can do with candles, though! Lace candles, chunk candles, foil candles, soy candles, mold shapes, all different designs. I found this sweet 70's magazine in my parent's storage called "Creative Candle Making," featuring cute 70's misses in minidresses making sand candles on the beach. I so want to be them.
2 comments:
yesss. looks like a grand production. I can't wait to rendezvous with you again soon...
yum!
Post a Comment