Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dog Paws

Today I aced my test. I even remembered that the Ming Dynasty fell in 1644 and that it was Lin Zhe Cheng that led the failed peasant rebellion at that time. Random facts that no one will expect you to remember, but you can impress the teacher if you do. The only downside of today was that I saw dog paws at the butcher shop. I was shocked. Even though I knew it went on in some places in China, it was hard to actually SEE it.

I hung out with Angela most of the day--the sculpture park, her house, a cute local restaurant and student street market. We did a Japanese photo shoot and bought matching friendship anklets. At night, a Pac Rim dance party. Each apartment dressed up in themes, like superheroes and fancy dresses. My dorm dressed up like each other--I was Jess and she was me. Since we've been wearing the same clothes for months, it was really jarring for everyone. We tried to take on each other's personas and dance like each other, but only some of us were successful imitators. It will be my last night in Fuzhou.

Photobucket

Now it's off to Vietnam!