Wow. Sikkim rocks. We just checked into a clean and classy hotel with the most amazing view of the mountains from the balcony. I feel like little orphan Annie: "I think I'm gonna like it here..." It's the (self-described) eco-tourism capital of the world. For the first time since I came to India, I've been able to enjoy spit, litter and car-free zones! You can get up to six months in prison for littering. Well, way to crack the whip, India. Someone had to do it. Watching cows eat garbage piles littered with dead cats outside my window every morning was never my cup of tea.
My thesis professor liked my last story! Confidence restored. Now I can work on the revisions from my balcony, looking out over the misty mountains. It's the perfect inspiration. My eco-tourism professor is really chill too, should be a good class. She is trying to arrange for a Bollywood dance class and a yoga class, both of which I will first in line to sign up for. We are taking our first hike this weekend to break in our boots and prepare for the big trek coming up. My little bout of homesickness has been put aside for now!
4 comments:
NO WAYYYYY! A Bollywood dance class are you kidding! We have to do bollywood dance workout sessions when you come home. I'm happy that you get to feast your eyes on som pretty scapes! seeing dead cats and loogies and crap all over is always un-cool. I miss you so much!!!!!!! Time seems to be going by so slowly for me here. just waiting for all my loves to come home. from different parts of the world. Naomi Keeps on Calling me adn leaving me messages like "I'm sorry i haven't called you back I've been inthe most beautiful forest forgeting about life and worries" and there was one like "It was like watching a mother give birth these trees where so breathtaking"
I'm submerged deep in a concrete jungle. serving cooky drunk folk 5 nights a week at a busy bar. I'm glad I can at least look at the sound. le siiiiigh
love you
THat sounds awesome LInds! And I told you you were a good writer!!! Let me read your stories! Email them to me!
Hey, writer. Sounds like you enjoy litter and spit. Dad says to say spit-, litter-, and garbage-free zones. (: Went to the Greek ruins and to Benevento yesterday. Today we rest. Miss you and am so happy for you. Love, Mom and Dad
Sikkim sounds so nice! It's always good having a new environment for writing... new inspiration.
And bollywood dance classes sound amaaazing.
Post a Comment