Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Preparations

I’ve been working my butt off to get ready for this trek. I hike an hour in the mornings before class, then Bollywood dance lessons for an hour (sooo sweet!), some shuttlecock when I can. On top of eco-tourism homework, revising my short stories and listening to 23 thesis presentations, I’m trying to shop for all the gear I need. My cotton pants and t-shirts are proving insufficient. So far I’ve got new boots, a sweatshirt, one water bottle and a few pairs of wool socks. It’s been raining like mad here, and so humid that the towels never dry, papers curl up if they’re left out and my hands feel as soft as a baby’s. It’s gonna be a sweaty adventure.

The scary clown entrance at Luna Park in St. Kilda
Suzye rollerblading by the beach
Me and wine, we get along fine The street art wall in Melbourne

4 comments:

Paul and Lucy Spadoni said...

What's shuttlecock?

Syd said...

I was gunna say. I remember how humid it was on the east coast. It feels like getting into your hot car after it's been sitting under the sun for hours.

ugh

Suzye Qzee said...

go lindsey go go!

earth-rabbit said...

Shuttlecock is the Chinese version of hacky-sack, played with a featured contraption that looks like a badmitton birdie