Thursday, October 16, 2008

More from Beijing...

Photobucket
In Tiennamen Square, lots of people wanted to take thier pictures with us and sometimes it was hard to get away. Some people even handed us their babies. Blondes and people with curly hair were in the greatest demand.

Photobucket
The Great Wall on a perfect day.

Photobucket
Other people eating Peking duck (while I enjoy watching). A few people throw up later, and I heard it was pretty greasy. The tour guide says the ducks were force fed for weeks before they are boiled and stuffed. I didn't feel like I was missing out much.

Photobucket
From left to right: Erica, my favorite Mongolian who came to China with us. Me, in my favorite new sweater. Caitlin, my buddy. Hugo, the hot pot waiter who asked her out. He was kind of cute when he was stringing noodles at the restaraunt, but then he turned into a nerd without the uniform, and it was an awkward night for her. Oh well. Then a Polish guys and a French guy, both were really funny and I forgot their names.

2 comments:

Suzye Qzee said...

Oh cutie Lindsey, I got a precious voice mail from you yesterday and it really made my day so much better. I was so tired from being at school from morning till night and as I trudged to my car through the dark parking lot I happened to check my messages and was filled with the sweetness that is your voice! Oh how I miss you and have been meaning to send you something but really I have never been so busy in my life and then I am leaving for Uganda so soon! It was really all I could do in my spare time to rustle up some birthday presents for Randy and Josie. Can I still send you something to that address you gave? Oh, one question totally off topic: are boca burgers better than morning star? I can never remember! Because I barely ever buy them but the other day I was in the mood and couldn't decide which to get! Also, is it okay if I use your rice cooker every now and then? I would be really nice to it and always clean it up afterwards. And of course buy you a whole new one if something happened when it was under my use. I know how you didn't want me using most of your stuff while you are gone though so I understand if you don't want me messing with it. So do you have any advice for Uganda? Like things I should bring, are sandals okay to wear, things I should think about? I miss you Lindsey poo, I'm off to class. Please try calling me again this weekend if you can because I will totally have time to talk then. I love you!

earth-rabbit said...

Hey Boozers, I'll definately call you from Shanghai, (leaving for the night train tomorrow) but right now it's pretty late on your side of the pond, so I will have to wait. You don't need to send me anything, unless it's a letter with your kisses on the envelope. I did get you a little sompin' sompin', and haven't yet had the money to send it off yet. You can still send stuff to Japan for another week or so, and later I will post the next address. Anyway, I think Morningstar is the tastiest brand ever, but Naomi thinks they are too heavily processed and not very healthy. I don't care though, I think they are better than Boca, and the fake meat ones are spiced very nicely. The chick burgers are the yummiest. You can definately use my rice cooker as much as you want. I love you Big Suzye! Take care!