Saturday, November 8, 2008

My middle-aged weekend

So I spent a good chunk of my weekend at the International Community House taking classes like a middle-aged divorcee. I practiced calligraphy and tea ceremony rituals and learned to cook five courses of Japanese food: curry, soba, pickled vegetables, sweet red bean dessert and egg drop soup. It was a lovely. I wish I could stay in Kyoto longer, I feel like I'm just getting comfortable and getting to know people.

Photobucket
Cookin' up some curry

Photobucket
Servin' up some sides

Photobucket
It was almost perfect if not for that one goopy leaf to the left, and some shading issues with another leaf

Photobucket
Bike trip around the countryside

Photobucket

Photobucket
They keep their hay in such neat little bundles

Photobucket
Even the spiders here are beautiful

Photobucket
The timing on this shot is superb...we are that in tune with eachother these days, I guess

Photobucket
Three planes emerged from the sun as it set, streaking accross the sky...the camera couldn't quite capture it, but I tried

3 comments:

mama s said...

Hey Ninny Bee --

Love you and miss you!!! Looks like you are having SUCH fun. I was in Kyoto waaaaay back in the day (like, early 90's which is now long enough ago that our students have 90's theme parties), so you can channel me while you are still there.

Lots of hugs and kisses to you,
your biggest sis

Suzye Qzee said...

I miss you Lindsey! I don't get much time to read your blogs because the library is closed and the Reef burnt down, so I have like very few options for internet. I can't wait till you can come home and cook all those yum yums for me!
love, you second biggest sis

Suzye Qzee said...

DUDE CALL ME! Its the weekend and I have time to chat for the first time since I have gotten back from Uganda. I want to hear you voice! Hurry up and call me. I'm at mom and dad's house so you can call there or my cell phone.