Monday, March 16, 2009

Me and Malaysia

Ah bliss, I had a perfect day. Malaysia, malaysia, little Asia. I could live here. I could just melt into a Malaysian cloud and die happy. Those Malay curries, a little spice of India, a little whiff of Thailand, a bit of Chinese influence, Japanese aesthetics, some middle eastern flair, those cleansing tropical rainstorms, chill and friendly southeast Asians, white sandy beaches. A little bit of everything I like about Asia in one country. Girls in strappy red dresses and heels next to women in burquas. There's so many ethnicities here that no one stares at me or makes a big deal about my foreignness. It's a nice change.

The hostel is so cute and cozy, the transportion was smooth and I spent three hours being pampered at the spa today for only $25. Foot soak, body scrub, steam shower, the best massage of my life, a facial. The atmosphere was so perfect. They played Simon and Garfunkle and John Lennon songs remade with the piano and flute. I've been studying meditation a lot these past few months, and using the new breathing and visualization tecniques made the experience so intense. Maybe it's because I had a lot of stress and tension to release, but I've honestly never felt such bliss before. Afterwards I felt like I was walking in a dream, like my surroundings weren't real. And I suppose, from a Buddhist perspective, they aren't. But my happiness is.

5 comments:

Syd said...

Ooh good. You deserve such bliss Lindsey you are so amazing! I am living vicariously through you, and I love reading such uplifting a calming posts from you. I miss you much and love you so!

Paul and Lucy Spadoni said...

You're cute and cozy. (:
So happy that you are there safe and sound and getting a really good rest. Hugs around that blissful Lindsey self. Love, Mom

Suzye Qzee said...

Sounds incredible! I want to go!

Kale Iverson said...

Lindsey,

Please teach me your meditation techniques when you return!

Be our yogi master !

its gonna be a great summer.

Kale Iverson said...

Lindsey,

Thanks for the letter!

I'm sorry to inform you, but I've already convince randy, sydney and 90% of suzye to got to northwest string summit instead of emergensee. Its not because I don't want to go, its because I too love my home festies.

It is the same weekend as Emerge n see unfortunately.

I really wanted to go this year too. But I have never been to a place like horning's hide out to see 3 days of down home bluegrass like NWSS can offer (this will be my 3rd time). It is also better each year. I have built a large community of friends that I simply can't let down.

I'm glad you are on board for Burning Man 2010, everyone is in transition this year it seams, and it might be a good one to skip if we all want to have a unified group next year.

Thats the beauty of life though, everyone has their thing. You could probably steal Suzye back from NWSS because she is still on the fence about it a little. But I'm taking randy and sydney and my brother.

I wish you safe travels with your sister.

I won't be gone "all" summer, only till june 22. Then I'll be home for good

peace!