Monday, March 2, 2009

Sore Feet

Yesterday I hiked to the top of a mountain with two friends. We left at 10 AM and didn't make it back until 5:30. No lunch. My whole lower body is super sore, and I've got an awful cold. My nose is a snot faucet and my eyes are watering all day long. During class break, I fell asleep in the hotel bed and didn't make it back to class. I don't know when I'm ever going to shower since there's no hot water and I can't imagine pouring freezing mountain water on myself. Even the cafe guy said today I look "so different" today and gave me a free lemon ginger honey tea. People are so nice, but a hot bath would be much much nicer.



Pictures: The top of the mountain, the 93 year old lama who lives next door, the artfully made salad at my favorite lunch spot. They cut the carrots like swans and the tomatoes like flowers. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make me happy.

3 comments:

Paul and Lucy Spadoni said...

Lindsey--wear a scarf around your neck (it works)and take care of your wonderful self!!!! Hugs--and wish I could send you a hot shower. Mom

Syd said...

feel better soon poopsie!

Randall H. Sloot said...

From what I can tell by the pictures, the experience looks to be worth the hardships. Yesterday my nose was running like a facet also and I don't have a cool hiking story to justify it. Hope you get some creature comforts soon.