Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Burning Man 2009?





I'm torn. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, missing it, fantasizing about what I could do, how it could be. I think being in such a conservative environment for so long is driving me crazy. But if I go a third year, then I would really need to do it right this time, have something significant to contribute. But I don't even have a bicycle, never mind a car. It would be a shame to just hitch a ride and go enjoy the fruits of other people's labor (again) and not have anything to show for myself. And I would be in the middle of moving, and I still have a lot of debt to pay off. But ah, I'm just itching to go get back to my nature, be in the thick of it all, maybe make some new connections for the post-college world. It could be amazing (again), but maybe I should wait until I have more resources to make a real contribution. I just hope Burning Man itself isn't heading downhill- I might miss the last high point!

Look how happy I am! Ah memories...

4 comments:

Kale Iverson said...

dude, even I'm thinking of going this year since I won't be in Alaska. And if thats not a farking sign that what is?

If you think you should go you should go. I want to go, have a reliable car and proper funding, I just need to get the right crew together.

Think about it.

Suzye Qzee said...

I'm up for planning a killer trip in 2010. Man its gone this far with being awesome, I don't think its going anywhere Lindsey. Your not going to miss the boat.

Anonymous said...

Oh hah. I think you are worrying too much, too. We have got two tickets, that's a good start. Miss you and love you.

Syd said...

I can't make it this year, but I'm with Suzye in planning a Killer BM attack for 2010 fir SURE! I have to save up my money all summer (with the exception of emergNsee) so that I can get a place with Bekah (and whoever else we can find to housemate with us that's cool enough) by the time she graduates at the end of the summer. I miss you terribly baby doll! And I can't wait to talk to you!