Today is our only free day in Cambodia, but we have to spend it doing homework mostly. So last night was the only night I could stay out late (I usually have to wake up at 6:30 AM), and I was really struggling to decide whether I should go out with everyone and be social. There was a full moon party that promised ragga and drum and bass, and it sounded pretty tempting. (Cute story: my friend also heard about the party, and told me I should go because "apparently a band named 'drum and bass' is playing").
I LOVE dancing. Just about every day, whenever my roommate is out, I turn on my ipod speakers and dance until I get a good sweat going, then I take my shower. It's like it's not even exercise. Anyway, I didn't know whether I could make it through the night without smoking since my cold turkey method is in its delicate early stages. I should have listened to myself, and gone to get a $5 Thai massage instead. I relapsed, I smoked, and I feel so bad about it now. I played a few games of pool with my girlfriends and danced for an hour or so, but even among this young bohemian crowd, it still feels like the bar/club scene is dominated by guys trying to pick up girls. Even though I always mention my boyfriend at the beginning of a conversation, they still seem to think it doesn't matter. Some of them even have the gall to ask, "Well, is he here?" Last night this annoyed me particularly. Just to dance means I have to be very vocal about asking for my space, sometimes more than once to the same guy. So this morning, I felt very disillusioned, and decided that partying just isn't worth it right now. There are a million other opportunities to be social and play games and do active things. I guess I'll just be a grandma for a while and stay in, doing healthy and productive things. I only got 11 pages on my first short story of the school year--I have such a long way to go. Starting now.
3 comments:
Yeah, its nice laying low from time to time. Then when we get to Australia we can go out and have fun, and I will pretend to be your overprotective girlfriend and shove all the losers away from you!
Hi, Bon Bon. That's right, you better stay away from those monkey boys. I am glad you are not gonna go to Goa (right?). Just got back from Dulan. Had a great week kicking back doing nothing but singing and making new friends. Got some very good advise about studying sustainable architecture from a professor there who is my dad's college friend. Miss you a whole lot.
Oh yah~ I found your med. where should I send it? Doncha.
Post a Comment