Friday, January 9, 2009

Cambodia

So I've seen a lot of temples the past few days. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it. We were dragged to so many temples in China and Japan, I thought I would die happy if I never saw another temple again. But Angkor Wat has actually been pretty cool, and every temple here is different. They're Hindu temples, a Hindu is all pretty new to me- a lot of interesting storytelling involved. I would like to show more pictures, but the internet is being super slow and I was only able to upload a few random ones. Here they are:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

I have also done well in my classes, two A's and two B+'s. Not bad for a lazy senior eh?

AND I'm on day 5 without a ciggarette. It was so hard yesterday, so hard. I walked past pub street and it seemed like everyone and their mom was blowing the sweet perfume my way. In my mind, I listed all the healthy things I enjoy in life so I could convince myself that a future without vices was going to be nice. I don't want to be looking old at 22, or getting sick so I can't do all the things I haven't done yet. Though if the world DOES end in 2012 as they say it will, I won't get to do all those things anyway. But just in case the world continues, I'll quit.

Some of the things I came up with:
lavander-scented cotton sheets
white tea
red tea with honey
hot oil baths
real hard massages
dancing to a good song
jogging in the early morning
playing shuttlecock with people who don't speak english
yoga and stretching and then taking a shower
daytime naps
splashing around in the rain
getting postcards and letters
beautiful new clothes that fit
manicures and pedicures
fresh fruit in season
gardens of all sorts
iced tea with lemon
spacing out with my ipod
reading good books
reading guilty pleasure books that aren't good
lazing about on the beach
lazing about in my underwear
beach volleyball
hiking to beautiful spots with my lover
natural hot springs
green tea ice cream and coconut yogurt
making tomato soup with CSA veggies
watching girly movies with my sister and mom
understanding sentences in other languages
getting my hand licked by a porcupine
shaking hands with a monkey
having three airplane seats to myself
bonefires and roasted corn
reunions
fluffy dogs and friendly cats
finding wireless in the most unlikely places
animal rescue centers
tasty, tasty water in the hot sun
tom's natural toothpaste and deodorant
wild orchids
raspberry with chocolate
bollywood dancing
the smell of baking bread

2 comments:

Paul and Lucy Spadoni said...

I am sooooooooo happy to hear about your commitment to stop smoking. Watching my mom struggle for breath even 20 years after quitting with diseases that were due to her smoking makes your quitting smoking (and Suzye's success) such a reason to celebrate. (:!!!!!

Suzye Qzee said...

You so can do it Lindsey! Seriously, I have been without a cigarette since August and don't think its because I haven't been tempted. I made a list too and it really helps. Sometimes I have nightmares where I submit to the temptation and I feel sooo horrible about it. Smoking changes your brain permanantly, making you assosciate it with good times, so for a while after quiting you will have trouble have fun in the same way.....BUT that goes away after time, seriously. I am still having a lot of fun now without smoking, and I can run hard for an hour straight (as long as I'm listening to really good music) like I really could never do before. I use excersize to replace smoking and (it sounds corny) but I get such a better feeling of pleasure from that. I can imagine it would be really hard, probably impossible to quit while travelling to new fun places where a lot of people smoke, but do your best, and if you can't then I seriously urge you to call a hotline when you get back. They will send you free patches and literature and call you up all the time to chat, and they are like the nicest most encouraging people. This may sound kind of wierd but every morning when I'm walking to my class I think of how amazing it is that I haven't smoked in so long, and it makes me feel so good. There are so many better pleasures out there like delicious food and physical activities. We have had our fun but seriously lung dou isease would suck and now that you are in your twenties you will see how much faster the time seems to fly and we aren't getting any younger or fitter. Our metabolisms are slowing and we need to actually start taking way better care of ourselves. Okay, enough lecture but I really hope you take my words to heart. Randy, me, Sydney, Bekah, Ashley and even just recently Jeff have all quit. So you can too Bindsey. Doctor Dan will tell you its the one most postive thing you can do for your health that trumps all else.