
Our weekend in Halong Bay


My first full crab experience. One for lunch, another for dinner, cooked two different ways!

Dun dun dun da-dun HEY! da dun da dun da dun...

So I was walking down the street, minding my own business when I came across a cluster of ladies in traditional gear selling pineapples. They were so cute, I took out my camera and BAM! They came in for the kill. One woman grabbed my camera while the others put the pineapple poles and hat on me. They took this picture. Then they demanded 70 VMD, which is about $4 and pushed a bag of pineapple into my hand. I usually get three times as much pineapple for only 10 VMD! I tried to argue, but then I just gave up because they were all surrounding me and hassling me, so I gave her a 100 and asked for change. She then demanded I pay 70 to BOTH of them, one 70 for the picture and another 70 for the stupid pineapple. I started to argue, so they just ran off with my 100. Stupid pineapple ladies.

It looks like it should be delicious fruit, but it's really just overpriced oreos and crackers. Aw.


The cute family at the little pho restaurant I ate at almost every day. They had the tiniest plastic chairs ever, but they gave us unlimited slices of lime and pickled garlic
Taiwan was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! James and his family and friends treated me like a princess. Every day brought more and more happiness. Hot pot, massages, sushi, baths, mango ice, kareoke, movies, beaches, bikes, animals, mochi balls, sweet soup, silly games, music festivals and my James. I felt so spoiled and well-loved. I miss Taiwan already.
Now I am in Cambodia, and it is HOT and also lovely, but in a different way. Just hanging out so far, under the palm trees. The guesthouse has tasty fried veggies and curries for cheap. They taste just like Thailand! I think I'm gonna like it here...
I was walking down the street today and I heard a squeaking noise coming from the bushes. I thought it was a puppy or a bird or some other cute animal. I looked for a while and found nothing. So I walked some more and than I heard it AGAIN! Like it was following me. I looked again but there was nothind. The noise was so cute, I was sure it must be a puppy. I walked a little more and heard it one more time. That's when I realized I had a rubber ducky in my purse that James won for me by playing ring toss at the market. So it was a cute animal after all.
1 comment:
Aww, squeeky Lindsey ducka!
Post a Comment